8 weeks post ankle sprain - buying an exercise bike - is there a podcast or guide available to using one like the c25k plan?

My question says it all really. 8 weeks post sprain (hurt it on week 6 run 3) my ankle still isnt ok. Im too nervous to run on it. Its been xrayed etc and they havent contacted me so i assume its nothing more sinister.

I really want to get back into doing some exercise so am waiting for my exercise bike to be delivered. I have read that as long as you keep a good resistance and speed it is as effective as running, and alot easier on the joints (which is good as i was getting a lot of hip pain from running)

But, i dont want it to be a fruitless buy... but i dont know how to do it? I wondered about using the c25k podcasts while riding instead - do you think this would work? Does anyone know if there is any specific guidence on using an exercise bike or have knowledge of using one and what i should be aiming for at the start?

I assume my fitness level is still better after 8 weeks of not running but who knows...

I will try running again when the weather is better and ankle totally healed!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I remember seeing something on audiofuel for cyclists but i don't think it was like c25k, it was more of a training session.

• One of my friends swears by the videos from these guys thesufferfest.com/

Good luck!

You may also like...