Almost there but injured at wk9 r2

I am so close now, I have taken about 13 weeks but I am 1 run away from graduating and I have injured myself. I did r2 yesterday after a gap of a week (sick daughter off school prevented running). My lower back felt a bit tight when I was running and now have a constant pain around my lower back and right hip and top of my thigh. I've also got a throbbing pain on the top of my right foot just below my toes. I am guessing that after a week off of running I wasn't warmed up enough and that has caused the injury , wondered if any of you have experienced anything similar. I am really hoping it will heal quickly as I really enjoyed yesterdays run and was even able to speed up for the last minute which has happened before!!!

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Oops should have typed "it hasn't happened before"!!

• Hi Secretrunner and bad luck - but you'll get back out there in time, just make sure you are 100% ready first.

I had a lot of back problems a couple of years ago, and as well as the usual stretches my physio gave me this one, you don't often see it but for me it worked wonders:

I would try keeping warm, nice hot baths etc, gentle stretches, and if it's not better in a day or two see your doc or a sports physio. The fact that you've got leg pain as well as back pain might mean that you've damaged a couple of bits of you - listen to what the guy on the video says - and while I think help offered on this forum is great - especially on Sundays :-) - I'm a great believer in consulting an expert who has all your bits right there in front of him/her if the combined efforts of yourself and people here don't improve things very quickly.

Good luck!

• Thanks Mitts will try this exercise and will be patient (not my forte) and see how it develops over the next few days!

You may also like...