W5R3 done

The one that looked like a leap into unknown territory and a step too far passed off with success. Hard to believe that 3 minutes on W3 nearly killed me! Run 2 was hard at the end of a tough day at work so I was expectingit to be an even harder run today. It was pushing it a bit but the 5 minute warnings from Laura helped give focus and motivate me. I hear it's W6R3 that gets you the 'real runner' designation. So, I must be on my way! And I am improving my stats again. I've now passed an average speed of 9 kph for the 30 mins today (including warm-up/down) and a total distance of 4.57 km! Hurrah! Bring on week 6.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic well done Janda.. :-)

• Wow well done on W5R3 and your average speed. I'm struggling to get above 8.8kph most of the time but I have consciously slowed down the last couple of runs to make sure. Tomorrow I have W6R2 which is two 10 minute intervals so I'm going to focus on trying to do a 10 minute time trial mile on the second interval. It may blow up in my face, but I'd like to see if I can do it.

• Thanks and well done to you too. I found that getting the pace right is the only way of making things work. I like your idea for the second interval . It sounds like you're setting a challenging goal but not a mad one. Let us know how you get on. At the moment I am mostly concerned with endurance rather than speed (even if my interest in the stats seems to contradict this). I am still very focused on doing this and getting to the end of the run each time. Perhaps when I reach end of week 6, when it becomes long runs only, I will start to look at the speed more. And I want to reach 5k! Good luck again.

• Congratulations!!! In my opinion, if you make it to week 5, you are a runner!!!!

You may also like...