Does anyone get sore soles of their feet later that day or next day after a run?

I am currently doing week 7 but I have managed to run for 30 mins for my last 2 runs so I'm going to try and keep that up and build my endurance until the end of the program. Does anyone have any suggestions to ease the pain? I bought new runners right before I started the program. Thanks! Hannah

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi hannie. Is it the arches that ache? I have fallen arches, they developed while I was most inactive while receiving chemo. I first noticed it when I tried to take up walking to do some physical activity after my treatment finished. It was really painful, and can still flare up from time to time. I wear Dr Scholl inserts and try to flex my feet often, some exercises help. If you think this might be your problem, try googling fallen arches or plantar faciitis, or see your GP. Mine was very understanding as she had developed them during pregnancy.

• Hmm never had this - once I started running longer (an hour) I came back a few times with bruised feeling toes ending up with blackened toenails yes, (advice from nice man in running shop - ice your toes as soon as you come back in future!) but pain in my soles, never.

Try changing the type of socks you wear? Proper running socks are essential for me (not expensive online).

Hate to say it but maybe your trainers arent right for you (sorry)!

Otherwise see your gp?

• Thanks for your help. I have now completed 3 30 minute runs in total and my feet did not hurt anywhere near as much as what they were when I first did 30 minutes. I think I'll try some new proper socks first as ive been wearing my casual ones with pretty flowers and polka dots and the like and see where we go from there. Appreciate your input!

You may also like...