A Day or Two Later than Advertised

HI all,

I was intending to do my final run W9R3 on Friday but I woke in the morning to find the tree in our garden at a jaunty angle of 45 degrees. I took that as a sign that it might be rather windy so I stayed in bed.

Today was the day and, though I only needed to run for 30 minutes, I really felt I wanted to finish the programme by running the whole 5 km. I planned out a route and knew from the outset that I could do it. All the demon voices in my head were silent and there was just the rhythmic thudding of my footsteps and the sound of my breathing - in two three, out two three.

I made 5 km in 37:24:05 and got home jelly-legged and red-faced as always. What a journey it has been! How good it feels to have made it!

Thanks everyone for your support and good luck with your own journeys.

Hairy Helmet and Parkrun here I come!

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations! Wow that is an achievement and so motivating for me as I am on W4r1. Well Done.

• Well done! Love your blogs. Keep running!

• Well done! You should be incredibly proud to achieve 5k on your graduation run.

• Fabulous, well done :)

• Well done but please keep inspiring us with your blogs! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• Fantastic achievement! Well done!!!

• Congratulations!!!! That is fantastic!

• Well done!

• Congratulations, sounds like a great graduation run. :)

• Thanks everyone! I can't quite believe I'm now sporting a shiny new graduate badge!

• Congratulation and good luck with Hairy Helmets!

Keep blogging x :)

• Excellent - Well Done! :-)

• Congratulations! I love your blogs too, so do tell us what you get up to next :)

• Briiliant and such an achievement.

• Amazing!

Well done. You have inspired me as I start week 9 next week.

You deserve to feel very proud of yourself.

Good luck with the park runs.

You may also like...