Waste of a sleepless night.....grrrr

After a horrible, busy tiring week at work I was faced with W5R3 this morning. I saw every hour go by last night but forced myself out of the door at 8:15 this morning after a few grumpy exchanges with my very supportive husband.....(all my fault, I'll admit!) I was obviously looking for a way of getting out of this run....I really never thought I'd do it. A colleague at work is doing the GNR tomorrow and she was brilliant, telling me 'you can do it, it's a mental challenge'. Going from 8 mins to 20 mins continuous running seemed complete madness but I had faith in Laura & all you lovely people on here and do you know what .....I did it & loved it :-) I feel so chuffed for not being defeated, there was almost a little tear at the end :-)

Here's to week 6 which I believe is a toughie but I'm determined to get there :-)

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Snap.. i was the same as you.. and was so chuffed but W6R1 this morning nearly killed me.I was so gutted but and determined to do better on the rerun! Good Luck

• It's all in the mind ;-)) You know you can complete this prgramme now. After all 30mins isn't really that much more is it? Well done you're more than halfway through now.

• Fantastic Bongodrums, well done!

I enjoyed the 20 min run and was so chuffed that I completed it and felt I could have run on! Amazing. R1 of wk 6 nearly killed me, but I was determined to do it and did! Run2 later today.

It is mind over matter now, & you'll do it. Pace yourself and take your time. Good luck! Let us know how you get on?

• Thak you & good luck to all of you too :-) start week 6 on Tues......eeek :-)

You may also like...