W5R3 - Shall I ? - Can I? - Wish me luck

Sitting here (dithering) reading blogs about how others have achieved R3 in WK5, really worried about not being able to do it. I found the other runs (to my suprise) okay from a 'fitness' point of view but always nagging myself (thinking) I'm not going to complete it !!. Do other people argue with themselves or am I just mad ?. Think I'll do some housework (big coward that I am) and try to psych myself up for the run somehow !

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yep, I argue with myself, self doubt is a nightmare. Banish it, get out there and run, you can do it.

• linzw, I had a mental battle just to get out of bed and run this morning but I'm so glad I did. Go and run!!!!! You'll surprise yoruself!

• Oh yes, I argue with myself all the time. My run has a little routine now. I'm eager to go out love it for the warm up, then after the first two minutes, for some reason I slump, I always tell myself I'm not going to do it this time. About half way through I start to actually enjoy it again and I hit a high but then my body starts to get tired and argues with my mind. Odd isn't it?!

• When are you doing W5R3 btw? I'm doing it tomorrow.

• Get out there and nail it linzw! :) You can definitely do it! I did W5R3 last week and completed it ok; the only thing was i didn't feel euphoric after it as others have, but in terms of the technical ability / physical fitness to do it, I was fine and you will be too! Good luck!

• Thanks for your support. Pleased to say completed it and it was not as bad as I anticipated. Onwards and upwards to Wk6 now, dont dare look/listen to see what is in store for me next..

Thanks again

• Woohoo! Feels good, doesn't it?

You may also like...