Snooze button syndrome and a stitch

25 minutes and no walking? I must be at the end of week 6 already. Wow!

At 6.30 am I'm ready to rock and roll, at least that's what I thought. Unfortunately my legs had decided to hit the snooze button and my brain spent minutes 3 to 10 dragging my legs kicking and screaming through the streets of the village but they eventually realised that I was not going to back off and walk so they towed the line. This is becoming quite a battle each morning I run and it doesn't seem to matter how long I warm up or how fast/slow I start my runs. Any suggestions or do I just have to accept that I have sleepy legs? :(

Once the battle was won I really enjoyed the run up and down the various wee hills until my 20 mins beeper went off and I got my first stitch. What a fright - haven't had one of them for over 35 years!! However, having an accomplished marathon runner for a sister is a great bonus and I got rid of the stitch easily without even slowing down. Happy days.

After 25 minutes of running I had covered 2.01 miles (very hilly course) Not going to give Mo a run for his money just yet but I'm chuffed to bits and may break out the banjo later :)

Back to interval running on Saturday - my training plan says 2 x 12 mins with 1 min recovery. Lovely lol

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...