Beginning again, but from Week1Run1?

Hello all :-)

So happy to see so many postings about post-graduation runs. I was well on my way to finishing, happily finished week 7, but we went on summer holidays to visit family in Russia. I did not want to run by myself in Russia, as I don't speak the language etc. So, it has been about 7 weeks off, plus now almost two weeks back home. I'm not sure where to start again. I'm thinking to try week 5 run 3 and see how that goes.

I guess I am posting here to be sure I am committing again to the program, though if anyone has any advice about restarting, feel free to post below.

Happy Running!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I went on my first run after a break of a month as I got a virus. I thought I would try week six run 2 with two 10 minute runs. It was a little tough but I managed it. I think that I will do this a couple of times and then try twenty minutes and if that goes ok I will go to the dreaded week 6 run 3 .... But open to other ideas!

• that seems a good idea, I may try that too. Good luck!

• I've done almost the same as Rhona. I had just finished the program when I had a gap of about 7 weeks partly due to injury. I've now started back and I did W5R2 (2 runs of 8 minutes), twice. Today I did the 20 minute run and now thinking of jumping to W6R3 and going from there. I think doing a run like W6R2 or W5R2 with two shorter runs gives you confidence that you can do the longer continuous runs. Its amazing how long your fitness lasts. Good luck!

• Hey thanks! I think I will try these two runs before the 20 minutes... It is just a bit hard to get back into my rhythm with a toddler around. ;-)