First run post graduation

well I graduated last Friday and it was the worst run ever, I really pushed it to get the 5K in 30mins (just something I wanted to achieve) and I wouldn't give in until I got it. Well I did do it but I pushed myself so hard I felt really light headed and sick after, this made me think I never want to run again!

I have been really negative about running since, my usual 'Laura' run would have been Monday, but I didn't go. It was like I was sticking two fingers up to Laura (like she cares) for making me hurt so much on that last run. I felt like if I didn't go on Monday then I win and she loses!! Weird I know.

Then I realised what an idiot I have been and that if I don't carry this on I am going to have wasted the last 9 weeks and the only person I would hurt is me. So I went, I thought I will just keep running until I can't be bothered anymore! I was just thinking I'll stop when I get to 3K then when I did I carried on and did 4K in 24 mins!! woohoo, can't give up now, need to get to the 5K without throwing up!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Don't waste all that hard effort!!

• Agreed. I think a lot of us have had a post graduation low after the high. Very few people manage to cover 5k in the week 9 runs of 30mins so doing that is a huge achievement.

Would recommend Parkruns if you are keen on contiuning with 5k or sign up for a 5k race.

Some folk move on to 10k and there's now the c25k+ podcasts which are pretty challenging.

[Have done this as a re[;y rather than a comment to try to get round the spam.]

• Well done for getting back out there. Great time too !

You may also like...