C25k+ Intervals on an unfamiliar treadmill!

I was in a hotel last night which had a small fitness room (2 treadmills and a slightly strange cycling machine) and a swimming pool so I decided to try the intervals podcast from C25K+ on the machine. I wasn't too sure how the running machine worked and some of the buttons seemed to have worn out. It also seemed to be working to a pre-programmed set of speeds and have a bit of a mind of it's own. However, not wanting to give up I persevered using the up and down speed buttons which did seem to work albeit with a considerable lag. I eventually settled on a setting of somewhere about 10-12 for the fast bits and about 5 for the slower sections.

As to keeping time as instructed by Laura, most of the time I couldn't hear the beat for my footfall and general panting. However I certainly worked up a sweat and a lot of the time was holding on to the side arms in case the machine took a sudden spurt and threw me off.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • I'm going away at the end of August and was thinking of using the hotel facilities, but I might just opt for a run in the country side!

On the treadmill you should attach the red clip to your clothes just for security.

You may also like...