w5 complete

wow just stunned myself and ran for 20 minutes without stopping. Laura was right it is a mental game and you do need faith in your body. After the first 5 minutes the pain in my calfs had subsided and i was just plodding along in my own world.The kids were alongside me on their bikes babbling on but i didnt hear them and it was great.I did get a stitch but i was able to work through it with breathing exercises. It has been the hardest week for me so far but i am pleased as 6 weeks or so(i had a few wobbles) I couldnt run for 60 seconds without going blue! my speed is slow but I takecomfort that I completed the 20 minutes so i will take that for now and work on the speed another time.Roll on week 6

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic, well done you! :-)

Dont worry at all about "speed", building up the length of time you run for is key and speed is something that will improve with time.

• Well done, so pleased for u! I hav just done wk 3 r3 and can't believe I'm managing 3 minutes! It is def mental and not so much physical, although I am popped after every run and it takes all my energy to keep up with the kids for the rest of the day! Lol

You may also like...