Graduated at last whoop whoop! Oh and a few tears!!

So I've gone and finished my final run and graduated today yee haa!! Its taken me a while- about 12 weeks due to work commitments some weeks when I could only do one or two runs and then a couple if weeks ago I hurt my back so had to take a week off and build up to 30 mins.

But I've done it - I can't believe it, there was a definite whoop. little round of appluase for myself and of course a bit of a cry on the walk home! Then when Laura said goodbye I cried again. Whats that all about!!

I would just like to say this programme has been fabulous and it has changed my life [ooh teary again!] When I get up in the morning now and look out of the window, I don't just think 'oh what a nice day', I think 'oh what a nice day for a run!'

I feel so much fitter, I can run upstairs now without dying at the top, I don't feel as stressed, my mood is more even, my skin looks better and my headaches have gone. I feel a real sense of achievement and I'm dead proud of myself!

I am almost evangelical about this plan, I can't stop telling people about it and already 2 of my friends have started it, and have said that I've inspired them which is quite nice!

And of course a big thank you to you guys, who I don't know personally but I feel we all are sharing something special. When things have gone well the support has been amazing, when things have gone a bit rubbish, you've taken the time to help and support me [ooh cries again!] this is totes the best forum ever!

So C25K+ it is then! xx

ps I know my name is Barney but that is after my cat, I am actually a girl - you may have guessed that from the teary bits!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic! Well done for your perseverance. I agree with all you have said about the plan and how it makes you feel.

I am continually gob-smacked each time I go out that I, an overweight 50 year old exercise-phobe, have achieved so much!

• I know, its madness! We should be so proud of ourselves! x

• it is a bug. Download the c25k+ podcasts asap... On monday i did the stepping stones one, yesterday i did the speed one. The stamina one is planned for tomorrow, and the one i am dreading the most.

If I get through the stamina one tomorrow, I reckon on sunday or monday I am going to go for the big one. I am going to go for 5K within 30 minutes.

• I'm a man, i shed a tear when i graduated also!

• Excellent!! x

• Well done with all that you have achieved; congratulations on graduating. Let us know how the next few weeks go :)

• Thank you so much, will do, I plan to do the next podcasts so will definitely still be around! Got some kind of addiction now anyway! x

• Great stuff!

• Thank you Oliverdad, feels really good!!

• Woooo - well done!! Great feeling isn't it :D

Best of luck with the C25K+ too.

• Thank you - yep it does feel amazing. To say less than 3 months ago I could hardly run 60 seconds I cant quite believe where am I am now!

• Congratulations and well done! Graduating is such a massive acheivement! While I didn't weep, I did do a little victory dance and the end. Not sure what the neighbours thought ;-)

• Aww thanks pingle, isnt it lovely having that little green sign after your name!!

• Great stuff. Congratulations!

• Thanks Super_rach, and good luck with the plan x

• Congratulations! What a lovely blog!

You may also like...