Week 7 Complete

Wow! I've done it!

Week 7 completed and not only that but 5K completed for the first time albeit with a 7 minute warm up and an 8 minute warm down included.......but hey this feels like real progress since my early days.

Week 1 (mid June) took 6 attempts - 3 partials (4 walks then 5 then 6) before 3 completes - and at that time, being able to run for 25 minutes felt like it could be impossible. But I stuck with the programme and from that shakey start have managed each week 'first time out'. If you're starting out and having some doubts then persevere - it will come (and you may even start to look forward to your next session!)

My pace is improving with each run although I might hold back a little for Week 8 Run 1 which I am planning for Friday - an additional 3 minutes doesn't sound much but I'm determined to 'do the time' rather than fail by going out too hard; runs 2 and 3 should take care of that.

Week 8 here I come!

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, SimonT56! You must feel very proud!

It's great to hear your story as I am facing W6R3 tomorrow (or maybe Friday depending on how I feel), and I am REALLY SCARED. I feel I only just scraped through W6R2, and the 20minute run last week was a huge effort. Don't want to fail. So I feel encouraged by your positive blog, thank you.

Good luck with the future runs.

• I was also apprehensive of the longer runs at the end of weeks 5 and 6. I found that I reduced my pace and concentrated on doing the time.

The pace will return during week 7 when you get used to the time both physically and mentally.

Good luck with you run, you can do it! Let us know how you get on.

You may also like...