Stepping Stone on C25k+

Thanks for the heads up on this. Downloaded it on to my iphone. Based on the reports on here, i braced myself for it being tough so I kept the treadmill pace low.

It was difficult. I kind of know how short people feel now! The podcast forces you to run to the beat. Which meant lots of small strides.

I usually perspire quite heavily around twenty minutes in to a run, with sweat dripping off me. This time I was at that stage by ten minutes.. But, i kept at it.

I think Laura has her timings all wrong, there were some long two minutes and very long five minutes

I did the warm up at 5kph, the 150 bpm I did at 7.5kph and the 155 bpm at 8kph and 160 bpm at 9kph.

As i said, i am glad i paced myself slowly otherwise i am not sure i could have made it to the end.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I listened to these podcasts and decided they were a bit fast for me! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Still, it sounds as if you managed them, so thanks for that - I feel a bit more confident now :) My plan had been to re-do c25k running at my normal 7.5kph for the walking bits and at 9kph for the running bits and I tried that this morning and found that was taxing too so perhaps I should just bite the bullet and trust Laura's new podcasts- don't want her to feel I'm snubbing her in case she takes it out on me! :)

• Well done you for doing it. I managed the first 10 minutes at the right pace and then the rest really slowly after thinking I might expire! I knew I was running slowly before but until I did this I didn't realise quite how slowly!

You may also like...