Sitting on the sidelines for a while

Did my usual run on wednesday, felt slight twinge on inner part of left ankle. Nothing after the run, so off I go on friday, same twinge into the first km, then it suddenly got worse, had to limp home, and 24 hour later still limping. So there will be no runs for me for a while.

There is no swelling or bruising, just pain when I try to put my foot straight. So now I look like Donald Duck with my foot splayed out

Looks like I am on the bench for a while. So frustrating. I am not good at sitting quitely doing nothing!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ouch. Sorry to hear that your ankle is playing up. I am also unable to run at the moment. It is very frustrating but I have be doing swimming and working on a stepper, to keep up my fitness level.

At least we have the olympics to watch whilst we sit on the couch !

• Too right TJ, I was shouting at the TV the other night when the cyclists were on.

Quite like armchair sports, but its not the same as being outside and jogging.

• Somehow though you do appreciate it more though dont you now you are a runner too?

I am looking forward to seeing the Mobot out for the 5 and 10k as they are "my distance" albeit not my times ;-) well Mo's 10k time is isn't much more than my 5k time 8-)

Go Mo;

• Wasn't it sensational?!

• Awesome Mo's the man!

I saw the first 5k of the womens marathon went down in about 18 minutes ...... Burble ..........

• Sorry about your injury! Hope you recover soon! I seem to remember something about "rice" for injuries..... Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation? Take care burstcouch!

• Gridlet,

rest - tick- but its so boring !!

Ice- no tick- as no swelling so have not used any - apart from in a G & T tonight.

Compression- tick, trying not to cut off the circulation with the bandage.

Elevation- tick, lying on the sofa right now.

frustration, lots of it!!!!

You may also like...