5k to Couch?

Eldest daughter was pondering as we went off for a run together the other day.. What would the podcasts be like if Laura did a 5k to Couch...

(you have to imagine these in Laura's voice:)

"you've done really well. Have a can of fizz, and an unhealthy snack, like a burger to recover..''

"You've watched TV for 10 minutes... that's fantastic!"

"You'll have to get off the sofa in a minute, which can feel a bit daunting at this stage. But if you've been following the plan you'll manage just fine - this time you'll be ordering a take-away - if you feel tired, dial slowly, and don't worry, the calories will soon be on their way"

18 Replies
oldestnewest

lol this is the giggle i need today xx

Love it!!

Hahaha - the weird thing is 9 weeks ago I would have loved this lazy podcast but now, now I actually would prefer running to lazing on the couch. Its like a cult & I have been converted :D

Would there be tears of joy as Laura says "I'd say you're a slob"?

And would it take 9 week to get to this point?

lol :)

Brilliant, I wonder what the t-shirts would be like (apart from baggy, of course!)

Loved the idea of this! :-)

Ha ha ha love it!

It seems really strange to think, but the thought of this scares me more now than starting c25k did! ;) In fact, I find it quite hard to sit still these days, and even when I am on the couch I am fidgeting or doing my shin splints exercises. I think I would quite possibly fail at 5k to couch, lol. :D

Funny blog, well thought out, such a different prospective, so glad I've taken up running would not like to go back to the couch ;)

This blog is REALLY going to spur me on! Ta!

Excellent!

Funny! But makes me reflect and realize how easy it would be to slip back to my couching habit... no way!! Thanks for the post.

Funny! :D Let's hope none of us ever go there again !

:D Funnnnneeeee!! Love this blog...always get so much from it...whether it's answers, questions, venting frustrations, inspiring entries, and lotsa funny things. This was a good one and made my day! And it's ALL GOOD!!! Thanks!

Very good! It has started my day with a smile; thank you! :)

Handy tips would be

Don't forget to pick up the remote and your phone before you lie down on the couch

Put pyjamas on immediately when you get home - that way you won't be tempted to go out again

Lol

You may also like...