No running for 3 weeks , gutted

The day before I was due to do run 1, week 4 I fell over. Badly sprained my foot, cut tip off my toe and got a nasty graze on my knee. So I'm hobbling around on crutches and the sprain means my foot will not be back to normal for 3 weeks, so probably no running for that period. I'm so disappointed, it's meaning I have to rely on others (I hate that) and my sons summer holiday is not living up to expectations. I never would have imagined I'd be so disappointed not to be able to run though. How will I restart after such a gap? Anyone else missed 3 weeks? Or had a foot sprain? Will I be able to run sooner?

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Personally, if it were me, I would see either a doctor or a physio before attempting to run again. And I'd probably start again at week 1 just to be on the safe side. I may be tempted to shorten the weeks if I felt OK and move on with fewer than 3 runs per week, though.

Really sorry about your bad luck. :-( Here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

• ouch....

That's tough luck. Take it easy recover well you'll be back before you know it.

You may also like...