No running for 3 weeks , gutted

The day before I was due to do run 1, week 4 I fell over. Badly sprained my foot, cut tip off my toe and got a nasty graze on my knee. So I'm hobbling around on crutches and the sprain means my foot will not be back to normal for 3 weeks, so probably no running for that period. I'm so disappointed, it's meaning I have to rely on others (I hate that) and my sons summer holiday is not living up to expectations. I never would have imagined I'd be so disappointed not to be able to run though. How will I restart after such a gap? Anyone else missed 3 weeks? Or had a foot sprain? Will I be able to run sooner?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Personally, if it were me, I would see either a doctor or a physio before attempting to run again. And I'd probably start again at week 1 just to be on the safe side. I may be tempted to shorten the weeks if I felt OK and move on with fewer than 3 runs per week, though.

Really sorry about your bad luck. :-( Here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

• ouch....

That's tough luck. Take it easy recover well you'll be back before you know it.

You may also like...