I heart week 6!

I heart week 6!

Just finished run 3 of week 6. Am amazed that I managed it and had extra in the tank at the end (unfortunately it means I could have gone faster - next week!) I ran up the hill back to my house thanks to my elation.

I thought week 6 was going to be awful - but no. Run 1 was ok - there's something odd about coming 'down' after run 3 of week five that I had trouble with mentally - but other than that fine. Run 2 I absolutely loved. I saw the three minute walk in the middle as a 'free bonus' and meant I was fired up for the second run. Actually enjoyed it.

Today was great - a real achievement. I started out worried that I wasn't going to manage it (poor diet and not enough good rest) but set my mind to it and hey ho! Once I hit the halfway point I knew I would finish it. Biggest problem was not having planned my route properly - so it meant I didn't know where it would end - meaning that mentally I was possibly going to have to run forever! But no.. at last I got the 'cool down' instruction

Am now heading off to McDonalds to meet my family for breakfast! A really bad bad treat!

Happy running chums!

jt3

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Starting W6 tomorrow evening - thank you for this encouragement, and I might factor in a MaccieDee's for supper!

• I'm also on week 6 and found run 1 quite difficult. My legs were like lead and didn't want to run! Run 2 tomorrow after working nights tonight so I'm hoping I can have a decent sleep beforehand. I'm already worrying about run 3 even though I promised myself that I wouldn't. Oh well, keep calm and carry on running!!!

You may also like...