Week 6 Run 3 - Apparently I'm a runner now!

Week 6 Run 3 - Apparently I'm a runner now!

Despite having run for 20mins on Sunday I wasn't over-confident about this morning's 25min run. Our little boy had woken up crying at 01:15 which meant getting him out of bed for a cuddle, settling him, and returning him to his bed. He woke up again at 05:30 (pretty normal for him) and I wasn't really ready to start the day. Not sure what time I got out, but it must have been shortly after 6:30. I set off at my steady pace and got to about the same place as the previous run by the time I'd run for 5 minutes. I wondered if Laura was going to tell me when I'd done 10 minutes and realised that she wasn't when I had run past the point at which my 10 minute run on Thursday finished. At the half-way point I turned round. It was psychologically good to know that I was running back and had less to run than I had already done. The next 7.5 minutes seemed to take an age, but I got to the "5 minutes to go" point about where I thought I should. I was really pleased when Laura told me that there was only 1 minute to go and, despite feeling pretty fatigued, I decided to up the pace a bit which I mainly did by lengthening my stride. Boy was I glad when Laura told me I could slow down to walk again. I felt a little bit sick. But I did it! I DID IT! And so now I'm officially a runner. Laura said so! I can go home with my head held high.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations, its a lovely end to week 6 to hear you are a runner

• I remember that feeling too I rewound podcast so I could listen to it twice,(sad).

But well done thats fantastic.

You may also like...