W6 R3 I only went and done it!

Wow, I ran for 25minutes plus! I managed to stop the podcast with about 6 mins to go! So I went back to 10mins left and kept running. I was exhausted and needed upbeat music (Waka Waka - Shakira, I wouldn't usually listen to it but it kept me running) to keep me going. My head was telling me I couldn't finish it but I refused to give up.

I was wobbly after it but probably because I ran for longer due to me messing on with the flippin buttons on my iPhone.

I kept to a steady pace but did do short bursts of faster running but that's me being daft, I wouldn't recommend it! I burnt over 400 calories and ran 4.03km (I think it's KM)

I enjoyed it as well!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh thats brill - well done! My head tells me I cant do stuff as well but I think we have to beleive in our bodies. This programme is fab! x

• Fantastic, well done! Can't believe you had the energy to do faster spurts as well, brilliant! Am attempting it tonight ...

• Oh good luck- don't listen to your head if it tells you to stop. You can do it!

• I did this last night and amazingly completed the 25 minutes. I carried on walking after the cool down to get to 5k on treadmill and it took 38.5 minutes altogether. with a bit more running I actually think 5k is achievable!!

• I've just been reading my previous blogs - 13th May I was over the moon at running 5 minutes, now look what this programme has helped me achieve.

TWENTY FIVE minutes of RUNNING!!!!

Twice this week people have commented on how well I look too!

Woo hoo.

You may also like...