Week Seven Run Three

Back to the park again, weaving in and out of the dog walkers. One called out good morning to me but I couldn't respond because I was so out of breath. Hope he didn't think I was being rude...

Lovely morning today, really sunny and clear. The only thing was, going to the park first thing means you run into all the school children. I was worried that some of them might make fun of me but none of them did. I reckon I look authoritative now, because I've got all the proper running gear. There's something about proper runners that makes you not want to mess with them...

Bad, bad music :P Oh well, I managed it anyway. I listen to music through my headphones a lot and I've been terrified of giving myself tinnitus because I can't always tell whether its too loud. I'm using a set now which are programmed never to go to a dangerous volume. It does mean that my songs are interspersed with the traffic often but at least I won't go deaf.

I'm off on my holidays next week and I've decided to be brave and continue the program while I'm there. I'm staying in a university campus so I reckon I could do a few laps of the buildings in the mornings or something.

I still found the 25 minutes quite tough today but markedly easier than the previous runs so I think I'm making progress. Was definitely going faster than last time too :)

Roll on week eight...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good to hear that it is getting easier. I will live in hope. You are sounding like a proper runner - planning where to run before you have even left home. Think you are hooked!

• Well done you are doing well prefer the music in week 8 but I am very old in comparison.

Keep it up .

You may also like...