W8r3 and the madness sets in!

I almost didn't do today's run. It's my sons birthday today so I have a house full of kids on sugar highs and a stream of face time calls on top of the normal 'Sunday rush' but I thought to myself that Ive come this far so I cant be letting myself down now. So, for the first time in about 2 weeks I used my treadmill. Now, when I run outside I usually struggle with pacing myself and therefore spend most of the run trying to breath and willing myself to carry on. Obviously so much so that after an easy 5 minutes I felt like I was cheating and boredom began to set in. So I upped the pace by 1/2 a mph and set off in what can only be described as the most boring daydream ever. Honestly. I daydreamed that I was redecorating my bedroom. (I know how to live ;) ) I was really getting into it. Imagining getting a pot of paint, then playing the 'If I was a little git who couldn't leave anything alone, where would I put a flat head screwdriver?' game before giving up and ruining a slew of cutlery before spotting said screwdriver on the bookshelf... I wont bore you with the continuously boring details but all of a sudden I checked the clock and I was 27 mins in. Clearly mediocre lunacy works for me! Perhaps my first run after graduation I should imagine how I intend to tackle that pile of ironing in intricate detail and just see how far I can go lol :)

Anyhow, and I can hardly believe I'm about to write this, it's week 9 next. The end is almost in sight!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done managing to get anywhere near the treadmill and even thinking about running! Brillant blog - will try the ironing strategy!

• Well done you. I was very good tonight and did a "rest day" walk for over an hour. Really trying to keep up my motivation now I've graduated, and do a bit extra to try and get the weight moving. :)

You may also like...