W3R3 and birthday triathlon!

celebrated my 61st birthday with W3R3 (treadmill) followed by 10k (stationary) cycle ride then 1k (pool) swim. My own personal triathlon! Now feel I can eat my slice of birthday cake with a clear conscience (provided I have the breath to blow out the candles!) And as for Laura's healthy banana snack- well I sliced it into ice cream, drizzled it with Bailey's and sprinkled it with chocolate- we seniors know how to party!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done I certainly think you have erned your cake. You are truely an inspiration to us youngsters ( I am 60 in 9 weeks lol and on week 6)

• Happy birthday! What a fantastic way to celebrate! :-)

• lol...Have you set your sites on Hawaii in a couple years?

I'm working in a mountain bike ride on the rest days....and eyeing a membership at a local health club so I can swim....

I figure that at 64 I may have a chance at placing in the over 70 age group...lolololol

• wouldn't mind a holiday in Hawaii even if it meant doing ironman (person?). They'd have to extend the competition for me though- it'd take me a few days to complete the course. Thanks, everyone for your good wishes. I had a great day.

• Happy birthday and many congratulations on your own personal triathlon ! :)

• Wonderful! What a great way to celebrate your birthday. Hoorah!

You may also like...