Was it me who
- thought that my lungs were going to pop out half-way through my first 60s run?
- missed the bus on several occasions cos I couldn't be "bothered to" run?
- thought I wasn't "blessed with the stamina" to run?
- was afraid of making a fool of myself when I started to run?
- felt too tired to be able to move a muscle, ALL the time?
- wasn't a morning person?
This morning was what should've been W4R1. I woke up without the help of an alarm - a miracle in itself, only to realize that it had been pouring all night. It still is, as I type this out..what zapped me was the restlessness that I felt cos I couldn't go out and run! Not that I don't like the idea of running in the rain..I have wrecked one iPhone in the past by dunking it (accidentally) in water, so I don't want to do it again by going out in pouring rain. I am on my way to work and can't wait to come back and get running!
Oh yeah - another thing: I took some advice (was it deryn61's?) and signed up for two 5k races..one each in July and November..one to show myself that I can do it, and another to show myself that I can do it fast!
I am not trying to say that I find running any easier now - I still find myself thinking about and heeding to MaryAB's advice ever so often..she said that when the going gets tough, she simply concentrates on putting one foot before the other!
I have come a long way, atleast in the way I think..and there's no doubt it wouldn't have been the same if it hadn't been for such lovely people like you. My heartfelt gratitude to this wonderful community!