Confidence now back!

After a difficult wk6 r1 on Monday I was feeling low about running. Felt that the 20 min run I did on wk 5 was a fluke and that there was no way I'd ever be able to do it again.

However, I went out this morning for wk6 r2 and WOW what a difference. The first 10 mins was a little bit of a challenge and I was ready for my 3 min walk at the end of it. But the second 10 mins was amazing. I was just enjoying myself so much. My breathing just seemed to click into place and my legs felt springy and happy. I was loving it. I was running along the A40 at one point. Normally I'm embarrassed about all the commuters seeing me but this morning I was running with confidence. At some points I was running faster than the traffic (when they got congested) and boy that felt good!

Thank you so much to everyone who encouraged me on my last blog. I now feel ready to face that 25 min run on Friday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow! Well done you! Good luck with it! Not that you'll need it!

• Lovely blog, well done you. Its such a lovely feeling when a run goes well isn't it.

You may also like...