Run Balmoral 5k

As promised a report on how my race went at the weekend. My official time came in at 34mins 11 secs, under the 35min mark so I'm pleased :D Wouldn't say it felt like the best run ever because my asthma coupled with hayfever were giving me some breathing problems. However the course was lovely, beautiful setting and great to take part in a big event with lots of other runners.

My mum who is 53 and my sis in law who had a baby 6 months ago both got a time of 29mins 25 secs! Puts me to shame slightly but hey ho they're both experienced runners!

Me and mum have already singed up to do a 10k in 6 weeks time so its straight back to the training for me. I must admit that I've caught the running bug :D

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow that is brilliant, well done.

• Well done you, at least it did not rain, and you have done so well.

• That's fantastic! Well done! Glad you enjoyed it.

• Wonderful! What (podcast) are you using for the 10k training?

• Hi I'm using the Bridge to 10k podcasts. Andy has posted a link to them here: couchto5k.healthunlocked.co... :)

• Fantastic news about the 5k, and good luck for the next few weeks training for the 10k. You're a star **

• Thank you all! Can't wait to reach my next goal :D

• Fabulous, it's a good time, don't knock it! Good luck for the 10K, you are brave :)

You may also like...