w1r2 - Nervous start but I did it!

Firstly, a big thank you for all the warm welcomes and words of reassurance on my first post - what a wonderful community this is to be a part of!

I think it must have been the novelty factor, plus the advantage of facing the unknown, that got me out of the door for run one. However, following the horrible feelings I had after it, I was reallllly nervous about setting out on run 2. Would my aching knees and ankles last out? Could I really run for 8 one minute intervals again, or was that beginners luck? Would I get a repeat of the shivers? Would my chest break into another 45 minute coughing fit when I got home? Would my head thump like hell and my face look like a beetroot again?

Well.....amazingly my legs and ankles were fine. For the second time, despite my utter disbelief, I managed the whole podcast, running for a whole minute each time (remember I'm a fat exercise-phobe!!) Wow! And no weird dizzy/coughing/shivery business when I got home either.

Amazing. Seriously!

Still a tad nervous, but mostly looking forward to w1r3 - bring it on!!

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant ! Keep us updated - I look forward to the bit where you say you think you might be addicted......... :-)

• congratulations, it feels so good to complete these. I really am looking forward to when I can actually run :)

• Yay! That's great!

All the best for your third run.

• Well done! Keep it up. It's addictive! X

• Yay! I think your body has got over the initial shock ;)

• Well done, improvements already, just think what 9 weeks will do. :)

• well done you!! I just finished W1R3 this morning...it feels like an amazing achievement!!

• Thank you everyone for your support! Your lovely comments have put a massive grin on my face :)

• Well done, from a fellow fat (although not quite so fat now!) former exercise phobe x

• congratulations :D well done for getting out for the second one. it's my third one tomorrow. don't think i'll be going onto week two just yet though...

• Good for you on your first two runs. I can understand the fear and physical challenge. It's clear though, that you have been working hard on your health for quite a while, and I am confident that you will succeed at this too. :)

• Thank you all, I must say it' s only two runs, and the very first week, but I am glad and proud of myself for starting this! Bit scared of the weather today though, I hope it doesn't put me off run 3 tonight!!

You may also like...