Week 1 - Run 2

Well it took me a little longer than I hoped to get round to the second run of week one.

I was a little sore - that soreness you get if you work out after a long break - but I think that's a good sign, that I'm doing some good - no pain - no gain!:-)

So I waited for about three days, rather than the recommended one days rest. I'm not sure how much effect this will have. Anyway, in the end I was so afraid that my first week was going to be just a one off, that I got out tonight.

I feel great after finishing it.

It wasn't a significant amount easier that the first run. Maybe that's to be expected. I even got the beginnings of a stitch half way through, but it turned out to be minor.

And as with last week, the sense of achievement when I finished was great. So much better than just another night on the couch!! Now back to The Syndicate which I have Sky +'ed:-)

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oops The Syndicate is on tomorrow night:-) It will have to be 'Seconds from Disaster' or 'Air Crash Investigation'

Yes, way too much time spent on the couch!!

Night, night.

• You'll ache for a few more runs yet, but Laura will give a technique for dealing with stitches in a later week. Well done for getting off that couch!

• make sure you do some stretches when you get bk in after your run. well done on getting out there its all worth it in the end . we can all promise you that lol deep breaths for a stitch but as beckipeg said laura will give you more techniques as you go along for stitches. keep going

• Good advice:-) Thanks for letting me know that Laura will have some advice on stitches... that's good to know.

Cheers

Gerard

You may also like...