Got my Graduate badge and my Garmin yesterday and now I have to rest - oh NO!

Been suffering from very painful knees since week 8 but have ploughed on regardless as I was determined to graduate.

Went to the sports therapist today and she has advised me to rest for at least a week and do some stretching exercises as my muscles are very tight and my patella isn't moving smoothly on its 'tracks'.

I have ordered some theraband and will religiously do the exercises to try and help it get better.

So now I guess its back to Nordic walking with my Garmin instead :(

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • how horrid to be thwarted at this stage but WELL DONE on graduating!

• poor thing.at least you know it isnt anything too serious :) I got my garmin in the post after I had run & was itching to try it out & upload everything to see the graphs. hoping you arent in too much pain. rest & enjoy the "me" time :)

• Did yours take long to charge? My son charged it up for me but when I turned it on this evening it said low battery :(

• Mine took a while on the first go...can't remember how long though, sorry!

Congrats on graduating :) but :( for sore knees. Hope they are better soon

• Poor you. Soooo frustrating to have graduated & have a brand spanking new toy, but not be able to enjoy it.

But at least you can relax & spend some time working out how to use it before hitting the road again

• Thank you to everyone for your commiserations.

I went out for a lovely Nordic walk tonight (allowed), listening to my music and think I probably went as fast. As I do running :)

• Oh no, poor u. Well done for completing plan! I am really enjoying it too. I am on wk9r2 and my right leg is hurting dive getting bespoke shoes from running shop! I feel like u that I must do the last two runs and graduate but I don't want to cause myself an injury that takes longer to heal :(. Think I'll leave an extra day of rest and see how it goes. How did u get the graduate thingy next to ur user name? :)

• Oh no, hope your knee sorts itself out quickly!

• BUgger! Rest up and use the time to work out how to use your new friend :)

• congratulations on graduating and hope the knees get better, they are a bit of a nuisance.

You may also like...