5k and beyond : Hi I’m new on here so not sure... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
107,944 members138,981 posts

5k and beyond

abi-tiger0730
abi-tiger0730

Hi

I’m new on here so not sure what I’m doing!! I can finally run 5k and now I’m looking for some advice on how to get to 10K if anyone has any ideas/tips I would be very grateful.

Thanks

11 Replies
oldestnewest
Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Once you managed 5k it's said you should run that distance for a few weeks.

To get to 10k I think this is what you are looking for . Good luck 😊

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

Jacca
JaccaGraduate in reply to Buddy34

“Few weeks “ does that depend on each individual ? Just wondering - been looking at ju ju’s magic plan !! 😁

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate in reply to Jacca

It's said on here once you've completed c25k and running for 30 minutes you should then consolidate those 30 minutes .

It's up to you though 😊

Jacca

I know I’m always looking ahead!! & haven’t managed 5k yet but I’m determinedly crazy 😊🙃 gonna keep Sarah ( app) for a while I didn’t mean to sound as if I’m just going to do it - I mean like run 5k/ 30mins for about 8weeks ? Then step it up?

Buddy34

Even for 3-4 weeks. Determination is great to have . If we didn't have that we certainly wouldn't be doing all this running 😊

Jacca

Thanks Buddy I’d be lost without you x

Buddy34

😂😂 I'm sure you wouldn't be

Grannyhugs
GrannyhugsGraduate

Congratulations on getting to 5k and welcome. Follow Buddy34 over the bridge, you'll find loads of help and encouragement

Jacca
JaccaGraduate

Well done 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🎉🎉🎊🎊

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Have you read the guide to post C25k running? healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Thanks I found this very interesting and have now got a better idea what to do next, much appreciate your help.

You may also like...