Here goes......popping my ParkRun cherry 🍒 - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
86,092 members • 117,854 posts

Here goes......popping my ParkRun cherry 🍒

First park run in the morning. Weather not great but enthusiasm and nerves high!! Whittlin to myself... will I finish...please I don’t want to be last.....Hope my ankle stays happy.....will they all be pukka runners and I’ll be found out????? 🙆🏌‍♀ 🙆🏌‍♀🙆🏌‍♀ Will let you know how it goes 🏃🏻‍♀💕🏃🏻‍♀

90 Replies
oldest • newest

You're a runner...just go..enjoy..the tail runner is always last..x

5 likes

Yes I am aren’t I??? Yes!! 🀣🀣🀣 🏃🏻‍♀👍🏻🏃🏻‍♀

5 likes

Xx Have fun..Xx

1 like

Go and enjoy it, don't worry about the other runners.

1 like

Thank you, I’m my own worst pressure. 🀊🏌‍♀

I think we all do it to ourselves at some stage.

1 like

It's my third parkrun tomorrow, you will love it, just like C25K take your run tomorrow at your comfortable pace, no you won't be last, or second last for that matter, you will finish, I just hope your ankle stays happy, one more thing, don't forget your barcode, enjoy your first 5k Parkrun. 😊 🏃

4 likes

Thank you! The barcode is on my sexy purple wristband!! 👍🏻

2 likes

Good luck! Unless my body decided otherwise like it did last Saturday, I'll be going for #8 tomorrow. With the rugby season about to start, I've probably only got another 2 or 3 parkruns I'll be able to do this year.

2 likes

Thx, you too. Enjoy your 8th and then the rugby till next year 👍🏻

I just wonder why you can't run some parkruns during the rugby season, are you a rugby referee?

I am, but most Saturdays I have school games at 10am which makes it logistically nigh on impossible unless I get notified of a cancellation.

I now understand, enjoy your rugby school games on Saturday's at 10am

Oh enjoy enjoy, it will be great. Luckily some people walk, so as long as you run most of it , you won’t be last.

My 1st one I was 2nd to last! Lol

3 likes

Thank you 😊 I need to get a grip and remember I’m getting out there so my place is not the most important thing

1 like

Have fun! You’ll love it!

1 like

Thx, I’ve heard lots of good stuff.

1 like

Yes you’ll finish; no, you won’t be last - there’s a tail walker for that!; there’ll be a mixture of speedies, normal people, and probably walkers too! Go and enjoy it - I hope the ankle holds up!

2 likes

Thx 🏃🏻‍♀👍🏻🏃🏻‍♀

Pop along and enjoy your run. Sleep well tonight as there is no need to worry. It’s not a race. Everyone enjoys the occasion. Be at the front for the briefing beforehand. They’ll explain the route and overtaking rules etc. If you are concerned, join in towards the back at the start. The speeders will all be at the front. Even were you to walk it you would not be last. Run as much as you like, walk some too. You will get applause at the end.

Go and enjoy yourself.

You Runner You!

4 likes

Thank you 😊

Behave, you Vintage61 are a pukka runner, if they're faster than you it's just coz they've been at it longer than you have! I hope your ankle is ok for you🀞...best of luck and look forward to hearing how you get on 🏃‍♀😊

2 likes

Thx very much 😊

1 like

Just go and enjoy every minute then come back and let us know how good it was . I'm doing my first parkrun next Saturday . Good luck 😊😊

4 likes

Will do, thank you 😊

Exciting 🏃🌲 you too enjoy the parkrun next week, and ever after.

1 like

Might have to send someone round to administer a gentle tap on the head to send you to sleep 😂 Have a great time, we'll be waiting for the report afterwards 😊

1 like

I’m a beast, such a whittler!! Will let you know how it goes 🏃🏻‍♀💕🏃🏻‍♀

😘

Good luck Vintage61, can’t wait to see how you do! No doubt you will smash it xx

1 like

Thx so much, we’ll see 😬

1 like

Nothing to worry about. It’s just a run in the park with lovely friendly fellow runners and walkers. You’ll love it. I’ll be doing my 47th parkrun tomorrow.

Damien

5 likes

Thank you 😊

You will soon show that '50' Tee shirt. Congratulations.

2 likes

🀞

Thanks. I’m on the countdown now. I’m doing some parkrun tourism again tomorrow. I can’t wait to wear that red T-Shirt.

Damien

Exciting! Parkrun tourism must be such a fun. I have done it only once where I happened to be on a holiday.

Run starts soon, you must be getting ready. 🏃🌲🙋

1 like

I did my 10th different parkrun this morning and my 47th overall. Loved it.

2 likes

Oh, that's nice. How far are you travelling? Do you aim to travel to different parkruns or happen to be around?

There is a parkrun google chrome extension which you can download onto a PC. It links to your parkrun profile. It has loads of challenges like parkrun bingo, alphabet challenge and loads more. One challenge is the NENDY which is Nearest Event Not Done Yet. It calculates it from your home parkrun and each time you complete a NENDY it calculates your next NENDY.

Damien

1 like

Wow, thanks. Never knew about those challenges. 😀

Good luck for the morning. Do what you’ve been doing already and you’ll be fine. Looking forward to the ‘I did it’ post tomorrow xx 🏃‍♀

1 like

👍🏻🏃🏻‍♀👍🏻

Go you! I’ll be cheering you on! 🀩

1 like

Aww bless , thank you 😊

1 like

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you will enjoy it, especially the moment right after the run.

Arrive at the run in time, give enough time to park car. Remember, just like anywhere else, there's always queue at the Ladies' toilet.

Don't push yourself with your ankle. Stop if you need to.

2 likes

Thank you for the wise advice. 🙏

1 like

Good luck tomorrow! I’ll be doing number five! I’m going to take it super slow tomorrow, as I’ve exhausted myself 🙄. I bet your time will be faster than mine! 🀣 Have a really fun run, and don’t forget to have a wee before you go! 😂

2 likes

Good wee tip! Thank you. 😂 I’m

Going to take it slow and get my head around it , whatever I do tomorrow it’s a PB! 👍🏻🏃🏻‍♀👍🏻

1 like

Absolutely! It’s a lovely atmosphere, and I cried after I finished my first one! 😂

1 like

I may do. Know it sounds really cheesy but I’m truly gobsmacked by how much I’ve achieved and it does make me feel quite emotional at times

1 like

Actually, I nearly cried when we all set off! 🀣

Ooh excited for you! Go for it Vintage 61 - you’ve got this 🙌🏻🏃‍♀

1 like

Thank you 😊

I'm on holiday and have missed lots of posts, but I'm glad I caught this one.

Relax, enjoy and don't forget we require a full run report : )

3 likes

Thx lovely! Will be sure to report back

1 like

Of course you'll finish. Stop overthinking and just run it, woman! 😘

3 likes

I know, I’m a flippin nightmare 🙄

😆 Enjoy your parkrun!x

Good luck, not that you need it - you're a Parkrunner now! 🍀 🏃

2 likes

Thank you 😊

Im so jealous! Havent done one yet...( too far away where I am in France)

Go and enjoy the experience...they sound amazing and so well organised....looking forward to reading your report...can predict you getting hooked.

3 likes

Thx, I’m guessing I will too

Where are you Franglaise? I’m trying to get one started in UzÚs, Gard.

Pyrenees orientale 66---i woukd travel and support or help you organise if I could.x

About 40 mins from perpignan in the mountains...have some keen friends too in Caudies and Quillan I think would help, especially in a couple of weeks when peak gite season ends

Nice wristband. Good luck on the run and most of all have fun!

1 like

Thank you 😊

Oh how exciting Vintage61! You’ll never forget your first PR, although word of warning - they’re highly addictive and your Saturdays will most likely never be the same again! 🏃‍♀🏃🏃‍♀🏃

Excellent getting your wristband already btw! 👍

Get there in plenty of time to hear the newbies briefing. It’s very useful. You’ll find the volunteers helpful and friendly and the moment you say you’re new to PR you’re sure to get tons of hints and tips from other runners! 😀 Run your own run (or walk some/all if you’d rather). Most of all - have a blast! 👏👏👏

1 like

Good luck and enjoy. I didn’t manage to run the whole way until my third Parkrun but never had anything but encouragement from fellow park runners, you’ll do fine.

1 like

Good luck🏃‍♀ Enjoy and let us know how you get on. Just go at you ur own steady pace... you got this 🙌🏃‍♀🏃‍♀🏃‍♀

1 like

Enjoy the parkrun

I’ll be doing my seventh at Tredegar House in Newport

1 like

I’m absolutely rooting for you this morning! It’s going to be great! Please please let us know how you get on and congratulations on just getting out there and doing it. Hope you did sleep well ☺ X

1 like

You’ll love it!!!! Have fun x

1 like

You will have a smashing time!

There is no last runner, there will be tail walkers who sweep up behind everyone.

At our parkrun we encourage newbies to take it easy, run, walk, jog, whatever you like as long as you enjoy it! X

1 like

Good luck!

1 like

Good luck 😁

1 like

Good luck! Have fun and enjoy that you are even able to run enough to enter one!!

1 like

Good luck, you’re doing it and that’s what counts, I’ve yet to be so brave

1 like

I did my first park run this morning too!! I’m sure your time was faster than mine 😂 but I finished! X

1 like

Yay! We are AMAZING!!! It’s our PB! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Got a Parkrun wristband, impressive! 🏃‍♂ enjoy and update us all afterwards 👍

1 like

It’s only so I don’t lose a barcode in my bra! And I figured at least if I conk out on the line I can stick an arm out to be scanned 🀣🀣🀣

What is a Freedom Run? It doesn’t explain it anywhere on the Parkrun website.

1 like

Naked ParkRun. It’s a franchise...... 😉

Still don’t understand!!! 😳

1 like

I’m pulling your finely tuned running leg 😜

1 like

Bahahaha! 🀣

1 like

Well done you!!! 🏃‍♀ You did it! 👏👏 Congratulations on your first ParkRun 🍒 I hope I can follow your example in the not too distant future. 😀

Thank you! I would very much recommend it when you feel ready 👍🏻

You may also like...