2 months after graduation, still going! - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
84,532 members β€’ 116,259 posts

2 months after graduation, still going!

Hello, I haven't posted for a while, but still pop by to read everyone's posts!

I graduated 2 months ago and have continued to run three times a week, one 5km run and another 5km over the other two runs (I did 2.5km this morning). I still have a love /hate relationship with running, but the love must be overcoming the hate as I get up at 5am every other day and hit the streets!

So if you are struggling or wondering what to do after graduation, keep going! I struggled to run for a whole minute in the first week, only 4 months ago, now I can run 5km... Still amazes me 😊

8 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

hi nanarunrun I am pretty much on a par with yourself, kept up running x3 times week doing my own thing n quite happy at minute as dont think can do much more until fitness level improves more

Like you I struggled to run a minute at first so 5 k is marvellous

keep doing what you doing πŸ™ŒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜Š

2 likes

That's excellent, I remember us finishing at roughly the same time! I'm happy as I am too, I feel like what I'm doing is doing me good, and don't want to push myself and put myself off!! Glad you're still going and happy 😊

1 like

Well done maintaining the running... a good inspiring post too for those finding it tough at the moment. Happy running.

1 like

Thank you 😊 happy running to you too!

1 like

Well done you, isn't it amazing what you can achieve with a plan so great as c25k and continuing effort 😊😊

Thanks, it truly is amazing! 😊

Hey, me too. Never thought it would be possible. Still enjoying the benefits and hoping to reach 10k at some point. Lovely to hear from you πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ»

Thank you, and that's brilliant, the continued running and the goal of 10km! I sometimes wonder whether I'll be able to manage that one day! I'm still to scared to do a park run at the moment as I'm so slow, but maybe one day my aspirations will happen... 😊

You may also like...