W7R1 done n it was definitely 25 minutes this ... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

109,582 members β€’ 141,523 posts

W7R1 done n it was definitely 25 minutes this time!

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
β€’16 Replies

Off out today to test my new jacket. No rain so didn’t get to test the waterproofing but it definitely kept the wind out so I’m happy 😊

Today’s run went better than Monday’s (actually did 25 minutes) but still felt like a slog for the most part. But then Jo said I could speed up for the last minute n I actually did! Then when I checked Strava I’d matched my best distance so far (on a run without timing cock-ups anyway) so all in all I’m pretty pleased 😁

16 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate

That’s great well done!

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Couchpotato2

Thanks! 😁

Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate in reply to SeeJillRun

It will get easier:-)

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Couchpotato2

I know, I guess I’m just not used to it being so hard lol πŸ˜‚

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate

Well done SeejillRun on completing run 1 of week 7 in your new waterproofing, if you hadn't taken it with you it would have rained, at least it helped you keep the wind out. Onwards and upwards to run 2 of week 7.

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to AlMorr

Thanks AlMorr, it’s definitely better than running in my fleece to stay dry πŸ₯΅πŸ˜‚

RunRunRun13
RunRunRun13Graduate

Well done Jill, sounds like a good run (and no rain) think I had your fair share this morning πŸ˜‚Had to postpone run until tomorrow....is your jacket lightweight ? I want to get one but get so hot just with a top on 😳

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to RunRunRun13

Thanks, I’ve had better runs but I’ve had worse too lol. Yes the jacket is really lightweight, I got it from Decathlon for Β£25. It’s got a hood, lots of vents, breathable fabric down the sides and under the arms n 2 decent size zip pockets. I’m well pleased with it. Here’s the link if you’re interested decathlon.co.uk/run-rain-ja...

RunRunRun13
RunRunRun13Graduate in reply to SeeJillRun

Thanks so much for the link...looks great. I haven’t got anything when it’s pouring with rain or cold so that’s next on my shopping list.

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to RunRunRun13

You’re welcome 😊. It definitely helped against the wind. Will report back when I’ve tried it in the rain β˜”οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Great job good luck for the rest of wk7😊😊

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Buddy34

Thanks! 😁

Wimborne
WimborneGraduate

Yay!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Wimborne

Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

mummybowles
mummybowlesGraduate

Brilliant Jill, well done. Your best distance, managing a final push at the end and a new jacket ! Lots to celebrate xx

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to mummybowles

Cheers! Not sure how I managed the final push, the rest of it was pretty hard work, but I did so yay! 😁xx

You may also like...