I did W4R1 yesterday and it was hard. I couldn’t keep to my target 6min/km pace and I don’t know how I am ever going to run 5K in under 30 mins (background: this is my 2nd time doing programme and my only goal is a 30 min 5K).
Reasons not to go running tomorrow:
* Snow forecast. I’m not -that- into running.
* Didn’t enjoy W4R1. Feeling like a chore.
* After something that happened this weekend where I live (won’t go in to details) I am nervous to run on my own in the dark after work.
* Knowing I will have to have a break from running in under 2 weeks’ anyway (having a minor medical procedure/stitches), so what’s the point in keeping it up religiously?
Reasons to go running tomorrow:
* Don’t want to feel like a failure.
Hmmm. Struggling today. I think the main difference affecting me from when I did the programme the first time is the cold and dark; it’s really sapping my motivation! Last time I did C25K it was in June!