Well, I've just completed W2R1, much to my surprise as I was NOT up for it tonight. However, I'm glad it's done.
Todays lessons learned are:
- In order to combat aching feet I went and bought a nice comfy, cushioned (and cheap) pair of trainers from a big brand sports store. After 2 days of walking plus a park run in these, I developed a very sore right achilles
- Went to a PROPER running shop and they tested my gait... right leg fine, left leg over-pronation. Sold me nice supportive shoes. Walked to work today - no further pain in achilles. Threw away soft comfy trainers
- Realised I'm walking too hard and too far on rest days... meaning I started out with nasty aches before even beginning
- I thought the first run would never end!
- The next 5 runs went by with no worsening of discomfort (in fact it eased off as I ran) and the last run didn't feel so long at all
So there we are... all the same lessons that people before me have learned.
I AM finishing this programme and, therefore, I'm going to ease off a bit and make sure I keep myself fit for the runs
Good luck and best wishes everyone - what an amazing voyage of discovery we are on.