Week 2 run 1: We’ll week 2 started, even though... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,362 members136,117 posts

Week 2 run 1

Kintyresrb
Kintyresrb

We’ll week 2 started, even though it’s “just” another 30 seconds each run you can certainly feel it. That was tough 😰 (but no one said it would be easy). Also wind 💨 did not help, ok on way out but into face of it on way back!

Foot still a bit sore, might look for a cushion type support. Back stiff today, that happened just at start of first run but I kept going (not sure if that was right thing, but hey ho). I assume it just means I should stretch more, especially on days in between runs.

Run 2 on Monday, wish me luck.

6 Replies
oldestnewest
MissLBD
MissLBDGraduate

Yes stretching is important, doing Yoga helps too. I suffer with neck and shoulder pain and its much better now. Keep going 🙌

Kintyresrb
Kintyresrb
in reply to MissLBD

Thanks MissLBD, also I have no excuse my better half is a yoga 🧘‍♀️ instructor 🤗 I’ll be doing more stretching later today and tomorrow on off day

Pianism
PianismGraduate

Well done with your first step up - I'm doing that Monday. I also need to consider stretching as over the last couple of days things have become more uncomfortable. After my W1R3/Parkrun this morning I can really feel it in my calves and shins!!

Kintyresrb
Kintyresrb
in reply to Pianism

Good luck you’ll be fine, just be sure not to set off too fast.

So I have knackered my back! As I mentioned in the original post I felt my back at start of run but kept going. Kept getting stiffer throughout day and for past 2 days I have been struggling to walk, never mind run!

So I am letting it heal, in the meantime started doing some yoga stretching and will restart again when better.

Gutted!!!

🙁🤞hope you heal quickly!!

You may also like...