Any breathing tips please?: Just done W7R1 which... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

113,495 members β€’ 145,757 posts

Any breathing tips please?

Suse70
Suse70Graduate
β€’8 Replies

Just done W7R1 which was actually alright considering my music failed me so I had nothing but my unreliable brain to keep myself going. I'm just wondering if anyone has tips on breathing? Turns out I'm a mouth breather πŸ˜‚ & am struggling to breath in through my nose (I know, should be simple!) Just feel I don't get enough air in this way but I know this will be important when it gets really cold. Sorry if this is a stupid question!

8 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

I try controlling my breathing by breathing in through the nose & out through the mouth. I have to concentrate really hard in doing this (it’s very controlled, sounds silly l know) I suppose you could try the other way round. Hopefully more experienced runners can point you in the right direction

Suse70
Suse70Graduate in reply to Oldlady57

No, that's great thanks, maybe I just need to concentrate more & make more of an effort! I try a couple of times & just give up & revert to mouth breathing.

Oldlady57
Oldlady57 in reply to Suse70

Read the guardian article Nasus. Linked through IannodaTruffe HealthUnlocked link. Very informative πŸ‘πŸ»

Suse70
Suse70Graduate in reply to Oldlady57

Thank you, I will do that. Many thanks for your help.,πŸ˜€

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

If you read the guide to the plan healthunlocked.com/couchto5... there is advice on breathing.

Basically, do what comes naturally.

Suse70
Suse70Graduate in reply to IannodaTruffe

Ok, thank you, I will have a look at that.πŸ‘

Snuffy_T
Snuffy_TGraduate

I can't breath through my nose either I'm week 7 . I am not too bothered about it. At least I'm running !

Suse70
Suse70Graduate in reply to Snuffy_T

Ha ha, true. Just thinking ahead. Imagine it's not ideal when it's frosty out but I guess I should wait & see if I get to winter!

You may also like...