Long legged envy: I normally run early morning... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,993 members136,963 posts

Long legged envy

Runningroni
RunningroniGraduate

I normally run early morning but went tonight instead. Never see anyone in the morning. Shuffling along a runner came into sight, heading towards me. Long legged and bouncing along, he was wearing a fleece, not a trace of sweat.

Half an hour later did a repass on return run, he was still running like a gazelle. Oh to be that young, fit and long legged and not sweaty.

13 Replies
oldestnewest
Goforitmama
GoforitmamaGraduate

I don't mind seeing them running towards me, but I don't like it when they run up behind and overtake me. It makes me feel as though I must have been running so slow that I was almost stationary. 🏃🚶🏃🚶

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

hahaha...you are fab whether you’re young n sweaty or old n sweaty...he might’ve been sat on a wall round the corner for all you know??!!! It’s your run & no-one else’s...be proud of yourself you are doing an amazing thing every time you step out of the door

Runningroni
RunningroniGraduate
in reply to Mummycav

He did not look like a wall sitter. Thank goodness he did not catch me moon stomping to the ska , two tone tracks, mid run. He might have made it look easy but bet I was having more fun.

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate

Ooh the long legged ones are the worst Boo Hiss! I've figured that's why I'm struggling to cover distance in my 5k ~ I have "short (fat hairy 🤣) ones" - not dissimilar to Ernie Wise 😂🏃‍♀️

Denovo
DenovoGraduate
in reply to Flaraflarkin

Very short legs here too. I was a teenager when mini skirts were the fashion. I remember the rule was 12 inches above the knee. I don't have 12 inches above the knee, well not in terms of legs I mean! Then there is the vexed question of cadence. Sometimes people pass me and seem to be running in a very leisurely way. So I try to match their steps and just can't do it.

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate
in reply to Denovo

12" 😱😱 that's where my neck ends!! 😂😂

Runningroni
RunningroniGraduate
in reply to Flaraflarkin

Me too, but we are still going for it.

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate
in reply to Runningroni

Thighs n calves will not stop us!! 👊

Slowrun
SlowrunGraduate

I got the biggest encouraging grin from a long legged fit young man last night on my graduation run. I suspect he saw this determined lady with a face as bright pink as her top coming towards him and I reminded him of his mum.

GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator
in reply to Slowrun

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍 love it!! 😁

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate
in reply to Slowrun

Congratulations on your graduation!! And there was a bonus gift too!!

I had quite a large group of bike ride training men wave and say hi at one of my Coate Water runs! Lovely! I’m not taking up bike riding though! There’s limits! 🤣❤️

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate

Fantastic!! 😁😁 It’s nice to admire other runners and the best thing is you’re right there running too in order to see them. Nice ❤️

Hotheels
HotheelsGraduate

Another short legs here......I ignore the running gazelles I see around, I might look like a shuffling tortoise🐢 with my legs, but as long as I'm moving, that's all that matters!!!

Keep doing your stuff....because you're doing this running malarkey so well!!!!👍

You may also like...