W1R2 sore achilles: Hi. Not a great start. Felt... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,349 members136,100 posts

W1R2 sore achilles

Bevington
Bevington

Hi. Not a great start. Felt it after first run but not debilitating so did second run. Got through first 6 60 second runs before I started limping a bit. Finished the runs and limped home. Really tightened up later that day (yesterday). Better today but still limping a bit. Due to run again tomorrow. My plan is to run if I can walk without limping tomorrow and probably abandon the run of it flares up again. Any suggestions? I’m guessing I should not try to run through it. 18 stone and sedentary doesn’t help but working on both.

2 Replies
oldestnewest
Dee2609
Dee2609Graduate

Don’t run through it, take time to heal. Deep freeze gel is great (deep heat gives me hives 😝)

Visionon
VisiononGraduate

I have suffered with achilles problems, and I agree with Dee2609, don't run through it, it will make the problem worse. I found that ice and eccentric heel drops (give it a google) are the way to repair the achilles, not in that order though, heel drops first then ice. If you can then heat them up, jump in a hot bath, the blood will come running back to the area, which aids the repair.

You may also like...