Couch to 5K
79,433 members110,708 posts

Week 8 run 2 - no stopping me up those hills

Well I went back to the Super Hilly route this morning after not running since Monday (work-induced). I can’t believe I actually ran up the long and very steep hill - when I ran down it on the way back home I was actually shocked 😆

One thing that has gone through my mind a few times is about the camber on these country roads. Obviously I stick to the right hand side for safety but I do feel like my right foot is running slightly curved for most of the run and I try to run more centrally on the road where I think I can get away with it. Does anyone else have this problem?

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Firstly well done! I notice my right foot turns in slightly when running on the prom. My GA showed I ran fine without a turn in. I thinks it’s got something to do with stretches of it being on a tilt.

1 like

I’ve not had one of those gait analysis things so that sounds interesting ☺️

Pop to your running shop and get one done. 😊

I don’t have my own running shop yet 😆 Will have a google!

1 like

Go and bloomin get one then!! 😂😂

1 like

My route is pavements, “out and back”, so I balance myself out across the run. The camber even on pavements is really noticeable.

Be careful you don’t end up with wonky feet and stuck doing really tight circles!

2 likes

Chasing my own tail :D

I find the camber, (and the potholes) a bit issue on my Cumbrian country lonnins. I'm fortunate that most times I can run in the middle of the lane at 5:30.

It's a big issue, and if I couldn't fix it my way, I would probably run on the left for some time too. Drivers won't run you down intentionally - the paper work and effect of insurance costs is terrible! ;-)

1 like

Well I run with one earphone in and one out usually so that I can hear if anything is coming up behind me but I do still worry as I'm sure you know cars can drive pretty fast on narrow lanes if they want to! :/

1 like

You may also like...