Couch to 5K
81,716 members113,012 posts

Only 2.6 miles at 28 minutes

I thought I had been doing well as I started W8 but I decided to check my distance alongside the app and it seems I’m still 1/2 mile off 5k with only a week left ?! Should I be closer to 5k as I start W9 ?

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm at week 8 and I'm no where near doing 5k ..I am so slow... trying not to focus..sure I can get faster..sounds like you are near to hitting your target..🤩

Hi Sofabunny .. I think I’ve focused too much on reaching 5k in 30 minutes ... we should both congratulate ourselves on reaching week 8 !!! I’m going to forget distance I think ... here’s to W9 👍🏻

3 likes

You're doing fine! Couch25k is just a catchy title - all you are required to do to graduate is to run for 30mins 3 times. The distance doesn't matter - in fact the majority of people (something like 90%) do not reach 5k in 30mins by the end of week 9. Speed/Distance, if you want to, can be worked on once you've graduated x

2 likes

Thanks for your reply .... I genuinely thought I needed to be at 5k in 30 minutes... so thanks for your reassurance 😁 I’m going to just concentrate on getting through W9 👍🏻

3 likes

No...no need... you just run and enjoy... all you need to do is to run for the thirty minutes....in Week 9 :)

Many folk never, ever do 5K in 30 minutes... and many of them are now Marathon runners:)

Time for speed and distance comes later:) You are doing fine... relax and just run:)

3 likes

Thanks Oldfloss ... I will definitely concentrate on enjoying and feeling good that I’m even at this stage 😃

1 like

You do that... you are awesome :)

1 like

So much wisdom in the replies to your question! This forum is the best! 😀

Have fun running. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

I know ... this forum is just fab 😁

2 likes

I will never be a 30min 5k runner, just can't run that fast!! 🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌

1 like

It seems speed just doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things after reading people’s replies 😃 at least we are running 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️

You may also like...