Couch to 5K
71,049 members โ€ข 103,198 posts

Am I the only one?

Since downloading this app and completing w5r3 I'm starting to smile when the reminder pops up on my phone that it's run day. Am I alone with this phenomenon?!

30 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Nope. You have caught the running bug we all suffer with!

1 like

Ah right, thought as much. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Well done! Yup, you've got the bug, and the only cure I'm afraid is more running :P

Congratulations on W5R3, that's a very significant run, I remember mine, and my grin lasted for days :)

All the best, Neil

Thank you. Yes, it felt significant at the time. ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Nope..I get a buzz every single time, before I run. The night before..it still feels like Christmas Eve.. flutterbys in my tummy and a sense of wonderful things to come.. and this is nearly three years on :)

You are hooked.. and it is amazing:)

Very well done on the run... move on now to the lovely longer runs:)

Thank you, will do.

1 like

I'd get a buzz if I ever got a notification! Seems they don't work on Android...

1 like

they do. all you have to do is go into settings and disable do not disturb or schedule times later on in the day.

I have no DND enabled and no time of day options in the notification settings for the app :(

If its an android (mine is a galaxy S5) settings/do not disturb/enable as scheduled/set the date and time as you prefer

Nothing like that on my phone (Pixel 2 XL)

Thanks. So I have DND on between 2300 and 0630. Are you saying the notifications come during those times?

yes they do. automatically. Try rescheduling between 0001 and 0131

you could also disable DND and put your phone onto silent mode, not flight mode

Now I get it. OK thanks so much for the help!

You are welcome

Haha. I still haven't got my reminder feature to work on the app ... must be the type of OS. Apple it Android phone?But I do get excited when I have a run day

2 likes

see above DND will stop the notification

Thanks but I don't have DND switched on

Itโ€™s the darn itโ€™s a rest day feeling Iโ€™m adjusting to, would never have believed it!

Love it!!

How wonderful. I hope that happens to me! Can't imagine it ...

Keep the faith. ๐Ÿ‘

Just done w1r1 :) It was great!

Well done. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

That means youโ€™re seriously hooked. Fantastic.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

Youโ€™re not alone, I wake up looking forward to the challenge of the next run. And I find myself looking at sports wear etc when out shopping....never before. Yep itโ€™s the running bug

Weird isn't it...but nice. I used to spend every lunch eating, reading and yet again sitting. Now itch to get out

Not alone Leggy_lass, I have now started to feel disappointed when it's not a run day ๐Ÿ™‚, it's addictive ๐Ÿ˜€.

You may also like...