Couch to 5K
60,546 members93,186 posts

Week 5 done! How did that happen?!

It wasn’t too bad once I stopped over thinking everything and started letting my mind wander! My eldest son (10) is on a week long residential trip in South Wales (I’m in Essex). He’s never been away for that long so I spent most of the run wondering how his first night was and hoping he’s having a good time!

Some good cheesy pop songs helped me along the way! Lip syncing along! 😀

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you!! Finishing W5 means you're defo going to finish the programme according to the grown ups!!

Oh really? I didn’t know that! That’s encouraging! 😀

How are you getting on?

Did W5R2 this morning, plus inevitable blow by blow post from Hell. Roll on Thursday to get this puppy in its basket and put to bed for night.

I'm chasin' you tiger!!!

1 like

😀👍🏼

Well done you!

Will find your blow by blow account later and have a read! Your posts are very amusing!

its a lovely feeling when your mind starts to wander and not solely concentrate on surviving the runs, I love the thinking time running gives

2 likes

Wish I had more “mind wandering” and less “ oh my god is it nearly over “ times. Maybe the next one!! 😱

1 like

Don’t get me wrong I started out thinking how heavy my legs felt and wondering how I was going to get round!! 🙃

That's sounds like a good aspirational target hon!!

I did have a slightly "Ooh err" moment this morning when I desperately wanted to stop but my legs refused to listen... Hopefully not an aberration...