How Did That Happen?

I share this thought that struck me whilst running (I still can't believe I'm saying that).  I set out and run lightly and nimbly (yeah, right) down a slight incline which I barely acknowledge as not being dead flat.  However, to my shock and horror, upon my return this has morphed into  a monster incline - actually, it's turned into a mountain!  Where are my sherpas?  Where is my oxygen?  Why has nobody set up base camps?   But . . somehow I struggle up this virtual sheer cliff,  only to be overtaken by  someone on a motorised scooter.  Blimey !

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hahahaha ! That happens....

• I know!   It happened to me and the scooter had the number plate Speedy1.  I had a right old chuckle.

Keep plugging away at the hills and you'll quickly get the measure of them. Well, when I say "quickly" I mean er um   "soon"  sorta thing

Happy running!

• Haha! That's funny. Even mountains become hills after a while.......

• Been there done that, amazing what we didn't see before we started to run that were there all along 😊

The phrase is "character building " 😆

• Brilliant! :) I'm still at the stage where dropped curbs become hills on the homeward stretch haha :)

• I feel your pain, CP.

• He he.

All slopes are inclines and all winds are headwinds.

• I'm sorry to be picky, Dunder, but are these not just euphemisms for runner's grumbling ammunition?

You may also like...