Since completing my 5k consolidation runs every alternative day, I am now pursuing the C25k+ graduate podcasts, stepping stones, speed and stamina with the fabulous Laura and audio fuel.
I have completed 5 runs so far, 3 with stepping stones and 2 with speed.
Was going to use stamina this morning, but techie gremlins around and ended up running on my own again.At least Strava recorded my 5.8k run this morning for a change.
My table of numbers of my C25k journey and to my intended target is below with comments.
Pace. Time. Pace.
Mins/km. for 5k. Km/hr
12. 60. 4.
11. 55. 5.
10. 50. 6.
9. 45. 7.
8. 40. 8.
7. 35. 9.
6. 30. 10.
Sorry my table went walk about, the middle column is minutes for a 5k.Think the other two columns are understandable.Left column mins/km and the right is km/hr.Both Pace.
It is somehow a journey of 6 to 10 km/hr or 10 to 6 mins/km.🤔👏👏
1) probably off the couch running at 10 / 11 /12
Mins/km.Slow and steady happy pace.
2) First ever and only so far PARKRUN same week as graduated , so after 27 runs, 9/10 mins/km , or 47 mins . Ran every step and that was my goal.
3) Now Running 8/9 mins/km so best is 40-45 min band.
4) But I take hope from the speed podcast and a few more months,that I ran 10 km/hr pace for 1 lap,1.25 km and in 7.5 minutes.Only have to build up stamina to sustain that pace for another 3 laps.🤔🙈😂
5) my goal is to tick off 5k in 30 mins at a PARKRUN.
If I cannot I will forget distance and endurance I think in preference of building upto running 5k every day and enjoying that pleasure.
Whatever and for sure it is all win win for everyone and their running choices.
Keep looking in your mirror and practising your smile and run because we all can.
Sincerely and with kind regards.