C25K+

Following recommendations from other graduates I gave this podcast a go this morning. I started with the Stepping Stone one. The first thing I discovered is that I'm not a very rhythmic person! I found keeping in time to Laura's 1,2,3,4 chants quite a challenge. It was also a much slower pace than I've been running which is interesting as I thought I was slow before. The pace does increase gradually over the 30 mins but my average pace was still only 7:08min/km as opposed to 6:25min/km on my precious run. I carried on past the 30 mins and completed 5k in 35:48 mins. Although slower I am glad I did this as it definitely reminds you of technique- relax shoulders, look ahead etc. The next one is a Speed one so I will try that some time this week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done jenny. I found I was taking smaller steps yet I still covered more distance. It's the structure I liked :) J

• Just keep running them and you will get it. They are a good tool and will take you to the next level

• I use these all the time and find them a bit "ploddy" at the time, but next run you'll notice the difference. I feel much lighter on my feet and really have more staying power... stick with them, they work!

• Hi- do you repeat these podcasts and do your own runs in between? I'm trying to decide the most effective way to use them to build up my stamina and speed.Am I right in thinking there are only the 3 podcasts available in this series?

• Yes there are only three.. I usually do one or other of them each week, depending on which I fancy, then I do a "maintenance" 5K, and a longer run.. last week's long one was just under 12KM.

You may also like...