Couch to 5K
54,700 members87,200 posts

Thank you to all who gave me a talking to yesterday!

Well, thanks for all the encouragement, mild talkings to and rockets up the bum yesterday, after I admitted I had gotten lazy.

You guys are the best! I got out there in the shittiest weather today after work, because I knew if I didn’t I’d feel bad for not doing it.

Wk 6 Run 2 went well other than the weather. For the first five minutes walk I was asking myself why I was doing this. And for the first five minutes the answer was “because everyone will shout at me if I don’t” :D And then once I got going with the running I remembered I was doing it for myself, to get fit, and lose a few extra pounds.

Anyway, now my trainers are soaked and dirty, so any cleaning tips?

29 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! You did it :)

I put my trainers in the washing machine with some towels, I am not sure if you should but it got them clean!

2 likes

Thank you! Do your trainers survive the washing machine ok then?

No!!!!!! Not ever!

2 likes

U got there first hon!! Bad washing machines!!!

2 likes

Ok, no washing machines, keep the dirt. Will do 😂

Well done!!! Chuck them in the washing machine. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼😊

2 likes

Thanks!! Where are you at by now? Wk7?

I’m week 7/3 today! 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

1 like

Wooow, well done Ripcurlrana! That’s great!! 😊

1 like

Nooooooo! Never!

2 likes

Yay well done Rua!

1 like

Thanks Jenny!! :)

Well done you, tomorrow is my turn and it’s lightning and thundering out there at the moment

1 like

Thanks! Roll on tomorrow, hope the weather improves for you!

Don't.... the mud and grot are the badges of pride:) Let them dry and just bang them together to get the dust off:)

They show your strength!!!!

PS

Check out this photo..of my running shoes... you don;t need to read the post:)

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

3 likes

Wow!! Badges of pride - I like it!

1 like

Stuff them with newspaper and leave them somewhere warm (not hot) and give them a bit of a brush to get the mud out. Muddy trainers are a badge of honour! Don't put them in the washing machine!! It can damage them...

2 likes

Oh yes... you got it!

1 like

Thanks, good idea with the newspaper!

1 like

Quick wash in washing machine I do.

Well done! Remember how you feel now and make that your motivation 👍🏽

2 likes

Nooooo... never, ever, ever ! :)

1 like

I will remember that motivation, yes. It seems I must keep the dirt, the Oldfloss oracle has spoken 😄

1 like

Definitely the washing machine! Loads of people do it. Just check out Google. I do it by putting them in an old pillow case and tying the top up so they don’t bang around as much. They come out a treat! Do the kids trainers that way too. 😀

2 likes

Not even going to jokingly say washing machine old floss! Not good for your blood pressure 😆 My other half swears by a squoosh of Vanish stain remover and a damp cloth/brush, works a treat. He wears white trainers so it's a must for those. Well Done on tonight's run too! We're W5R2 (after tonight), looking forward to the next run, but not so confident, just planning to wing it.

1 like

Ah, that’s an idea, the vanish, does he use the liquid or the little stick? Good luck with R2, I am sure you will be fine, just go out with a positive attitude and you will fly through it. 💪🏼😊

It's a spray bottle. Bright pink. I think it's for pre-treating clothes before a wash. Works a treat.

1 like

Great, cheers!

1 like

I normally use laundry detergent, water and an old toothbrush. I did resort to the washing machine after my shoes got lost in a mud slurry combination that soaked through to the inners and the smell was... Unpleasant. But cool quick wash wrapped in pillow case with old towels. I couldn't get the stuff out any other way.

Then stuffed with newspaper

It worked though as a one off emergency measure otherwise the shoes may have needed replacing they were so bad.

1 like

Yikes, sounds like you ran through a real mud mess there! Toothbrush, another good idea! Thanks :)

You may also like...