Couch to 5K
60,433 members โ€ข 93,096 posts

1st Park Run...hot and a very big hill ๐Ÿ˜…

1st Park Run...hot and a very big hill ๐Ÿ˜…

For a number of weeks a friend has been trying to encourage me to run Park Run, so today I took the plunge and joined her.

My friend is normally chasing a PB and can run our local park run in under 26mins but she ran with me to keep me company and to keep me going....and I certainly needed her today ๐Ÿ˜ณ It was incredibly hot and after completing our first lap which took us past the lake, along the fairy trail, we were then faced with the very steep hill!! I decided to use this as my walking break and catch my breath before we started our slow and steady plod again. I struggled with the heat and took another brief walking break before running the final kilometre.

Finishing time was 39mins but I feel like Iโ€™ve got unfinished business with that route ๐Ÿ˜‚ next time Iโ€™d like to get at least half way up that hill and no other walking breaks ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Š

Everyone was so supportive and cheered us on and my friend was amazing running with me. Iโ€™m not sure who was more excited when we crossed the finish line ๐Ÿ˜

Hope everyone is enjoying the BH weekend and happy running!

10 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Very well done.

That route is at your mercy.

You have made a good start.๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ซ

Lauraโ€™s 5k+podcasts,just amazing.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Ooo thank you, I will check it out ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Love ParkRuns! Well done. Youโ€™ll be hooked now ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ

1 like

Definitely be back for more ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

Very well done..hot and hills ...phew :)

1 like

It was a tough one Oldfloss...I was constantly questioning why I had agreed to run it but have to admit once I crossed that finish line I was already planning when I could run it again ๐Ÿ˜

39 minutes sounds amazing. Well done you! My aspiration is to run/walk 5k in less than 40 minutes so I am in awe.

2 likes

Aww thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I finished 260th out of 291 so quite near the back but thatโ€™s the beauty of parkrun itโ€™s not a race and you can run, run/walk or just walk.

5k is 5k however long it takes to run ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Well done you. I have only ever run on the flat - and that tough enough. Itโ€™s great to have someone running alongside. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

It definitely spurred me on having my friend running with me ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...