1st Park Run...hot and a very big hill πŸ˜… - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
87,395 members β€’ 119,371 posts

1st Park Run...hot and a very big hill πŸ˜…

Melo_smiles
Melo_smilesGraduate
β€’10 Replies

For a number of weeks a friend has been trying to encourage me to run Park Run, so today I took the plunge and joined her.

My friend is normally chasing a PB and can run our local park run in under 26mins but she ran with me to keep me company and to keep me going....and I certainly needed her today 😳 It was incredibly hot and after completing our first lap which took us past the lake, along the fairy trail, we were then faced with the very steep hill!! I decided to use this as my walking break and catch my breath before we started our slow and steady plod again. I struggled with the heat and took another brief walking break before running the final kilometre.

Finishing time was 39mins but I feel like I’ve got unfinished business with that route πŸ˜‚ next time I’d like to get at least half way up that hill and no other walking breaks πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘Š

Everyone was so supportive and cheered us on and my friend was amazing running with me. I’m not sure who was more excited when we crossed the finish line 😁

Hope everyone is enjoying the BH weekend and happy running!

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Tbae
TbaeGraduate

Very well done.

That route is at your mercy.

You have made a good start.πŸ’«πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’«

Laura’s 5k+podcasts,just amazing.πŸ€”πŸ‘

1 like
Melo_smiles
Melo_smilesGraduate
in reply to Tbae

Ooo thank you, I will check it out πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate

Love ParkRuns! Well done. You’ll be hooked now πŸ’ͺ🏽

1 like
Melo_smiles
Melo_smilesGraduate
in reply to Tasha99

Definitely be back for more 😁

1 like
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Very well done..hot and hills ...phew :)

1 like
Melo_smiles
Melo_smilesGraduate
in reply to Oldfloss

It was a tough one Oldfloss...I was constantly questioning why I had agreed to run it but have to admit once I crossed that finish line I was already planning when I could run it again 😁

Vangus
VangusGraduate

39 minutes sounds amazing. Well done you! My aspiration is to run/walk 5k in less than 40 minutes so I am in awe.

2 likes
Melo_smiles
Melo_smilesGraduate
in reply to Vangus

Aww thank you 😊 I finished 260th out of 291 so quite near the back but that’s the beauty of parkrun it’s not a race and you can run, run/walk or just walk.

5k is 5k however long it takes to run πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Dexy5

Well done you. I have only ever run on the flat - and that tough enough. It’s great to have someone running alongside. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜€

1 like
Melo_smiles
Melo_smilesGraduate
in reply to Dexy5

It definitely spurred me on having my friend running with me 😊

You may also like...