Couch to 5K
60,398 members93,056 posts

Week 8, Run 3 = Interesting! :P

So instead of listening to my music I somehow in error managed to get an American podcast on 25 tips to make your home more secure followed by a debate on the 2nd amendment on the right to bear arms :O

Tried to change it to correct music at the start but as I didn't have my glasses on I couldn't see what I was doing and I also now realise that I can't seem to jog and do anything else without my legs getting tangled so I decided to just go with it!

Quite bizarrely though time seemed to go quicker than usual and before I knew it Laura was telling me I had 5 minutes left. :) :)

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! Podcasts rock. Did my run to desert island discs today. #oldfart

1 like

Thank you! :)

Whoop Whoop!! Well done SuperMouse!! So it’s Odd Pods to make the time fly by??? Never thought of that one 😂 Week 9 beckons! Sounds like you’ll be fine 👍👍👍🏃‍♀️👍

1 like

Thank you!

I actually think I may investigate some podcasts (of something that might interest me) rather than music for my next outing! :)

2 likes

I think you may have just inspired me to give a podcast a go!! X

1 like

Desert Island discs has some really good people on I especially liked Micky Flanagan. #oldfart too 😀

You’re doing really well, only 3 more runs 👏

2 likes

I will investigate as it may be the way for me to go! :)

There’s random people on too that I’ve never heard of but there’s the likes of Ed Sheeran, Tom Hanks etc. It does put the time in.x

1 like

Tom Hanks! Great! Would love to listen to that. Will line him up for the 20 ‘run Forest, run...’

2 likes

Yes I’ve downloaded the Mickey Flanagan one for the next run. I quite like the mix of chat and music clips. More distracting than just music, for me anyway.

1 like

Yes the mix of music & chat really puts the time in. I think I’ll go with Nigel Owens tomorrow.

2 likes

I am definitely going to try it! :)

1 like

I love a podcast for a change! I listened to “Table Manners” the other day! A mother and daughter were cooking for George Ezra! 😀

2 likes

I think a whole new world may have opened up to me now! :P

1 like

Love it!!!! Go you!!!

1 like

1 like

Ha ha! I know the feeling when you've forgotten your specs and phone is misbehaving! Well done for persevering! 😁

2 likes

Ha thanks. I did think (briefly) about stopping but knew how cross I would be with myself. Amazing how listening to random chat instead of music really seemed to be helpful as a distraction for me! :)

2 likes

I do enjoy bobbing along to music but I might try giving a chatty podcast a try for a change... 😊

1 like

(Not that I’ve ever listened to THAT particular podcast) ... but yeah, I too am now choosing them over music.... and for me that’s quite a big deal🤔

I just find time goes much quicker. Good luck on the rest of your journey 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Liz x

1 like

Thanks. i admit it was quite a strange experience and not my usual listening material lol :P

You may also like...